We are hiring for a Senior UX Designer!
About the role:
At the heart of everything we build is the Design team and the Senior UX Designer is essential to everything – from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We need someone who thinks deeply, speaks clearly, and embraces collaboration and feedback. Are you someone who thinks creatively about what users need and who can turn those needs into elegant systems, components, and guidelines that enable developers to create excellent experiences? If so, please continue reading!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and manage project timelines. Ensure deadlines are met and team is set up for success.
- Validate new interactions and design decisions with the appropriate audiences.
- Lead deep discovery, research and synthesize activities through to usable insights.
- Help build a Design System including design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work with design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Provide mentoring within the Design Team and throughout the organization
You’ll excel in this role if you have:
A high level of ownership. You are fully independent, but inclusive, across all tasks and projects. You are able to multitask design work in various states of completeness
An excellent decision making process. You are able to break down strategic challenges and using strong discovery techniques, build the right brief.
An inspiring leadership style. You are able to drive projects from a design direction and contribute to decisions making alongside project, product, and tech leads. You are constantly thinking about the future.
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert skills with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Sketch and tools such as InVision.
- Experience prototyping to convey design solutions and deep understanding of user-focused, human centric designs.
- Structured and thorough processes for user research and usability testing.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
Success in this role looks like:
- You are able to quickly and accurately deliver strong designs for multiple projects at a consistently high standard.
- You act as a subject matter expert for product experience work.
- You have the company excited about what the design team is bringing to the table.
- You lead by example.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 90 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.