Clearly is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the optical space based in Vancouver and serving millions of clients across the globe every day. Our purpose is to give access to vision to as many people as possible in the markets where we operate thanks to our furiously priced offer and the fastest speed of service across the globe. Our passion is to be the wow makers for our customers and our employees.
We always aim at bringing the most diverse, passionate, engaged and nice people in the Clearly family. As a tech-driven start-up, we are now looking for a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Marketing team as an SEO Copywriter. You have a unique opportunity to support a best-in-class, innovative, simple and fresh experience for millions of consumers in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the U.S.
What does a (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the SEO Lead, you spend a fair amount of time working with the UX/UI & Web Experience teams. You start your day fresh with a breakfast and caffeine (or not) from our kitchen and get together with your team to review priorities and brainstorm ways to improve the experience and content on-site. After having reviewed priorities and brainstormed optimization tactics with the SEO Lead, you start working on your tasks. While your role will require you to produce content at a steady pace, you will be able to dedicate some time to research and innovation, to find out what the best practices are in the industry. The team is looking for new ideas and strives to always improve the on-site experience for its audience.
Where we expect you to shine:
- Live and breathe the brand
- Produce content with Clearly’s users in mind
- Question the status quo and never stop pitching new ideas
- Consider the impact of your actions over the effort invested to ensure a consistent output of high value deliverables
- Be a storyteller that highlights the uniqueness of our brand
- Research, understand and inform our audience on topics that matter (ie. eye health, importance of lenses…)
- Research and understand our diverse product offering (glasses, sunglasses, lenses, contact lenses)
- Identify ways to enhance our content, and pitch larger stories that can be shared across our channels
- Coordinate copy translation
Your main KPIs:
- Content written for users first
- Organic rankings (SEO)
- Number of link worthy content pieces
- Content quality (consistency, clarity & brevity)
- E-commerce performance: educate your audience and help your users select the right product for them
Why we want you? Because, because, because…
- Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision in the World is now your Mission as well
- Because you know what you are talking about: You have experience ideally in SEO copywriting
- Because your education is related to Communication and Marketing, or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- Because you have experience producing content for e-commerce
- Because you have a good understanding of search engine ranking factors
- Because you have a good understanding of channel KPIs (incl. SEO, advertising,email, social)
- Because you have experience performing keyword research to optimize existing content and identify content gaps
- Because you have experience using SEO tracking tools such as Semrush, Stat, Searchmetrics
- Because you have advanced skills in grammar and spelling
- Because you have an egoless nature
- Because you care about language, tone, meaning, structure, grammar, and usage
- Because you have experience in Brand Building
- Because you have experience in Product, Campaign, Promotional and Editorial content
- Because you love solving problems
- Because you have a detail-oriented mindset and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Because being perfectly bi lingual English and French would be a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference – improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.