Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies?
We’re Looking for a Social Marketing Strategist!
Trotman Auto Group’s (TAG) Digital Marketing Department is looking for an experienced, creative, and well-organized Social Marketing Strategist to join our growing team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Social Marketing Strategist will work closely with all Social Media Specialists at each store to ensure that the social media strategy is executed successfully and consistently using the brand voice. This individual analyzes social media data in order to create actionable plans for Social Media Specialists to execute and when needed, also gets in the trenches to execute work. They will also use the power of social listening to engage in relevant social conversations with our audience in targeted regions. This role also leverages social chatbots such as Facebook Messenger to execute automated conversations focused on capturing leads, re-engaging with users, and delivering the right content. They will also execute social campaigns to capture product and store-level reviews.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm, we are open to being flexible with working hours and offer the ability to work from home once a week
*This position requires the incumbent to work in a local office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Strategy Management
- Plan, develop, and manage (and implement when needed) the company and store’s overall social media strategy
- Review social calendars and provide feedback where needed and ensure best practices are followed
- Manage and oversee social media content across all stores
Tracking, Analysis & Reporting
- Define most important social media KPIs, relevant per type of social activity
- Track and analyze key social media metrics across all channels and for all stores and communicate data findings/insights with the social team
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Conduct social research and competitive analysis to identify and track fluctuating social trends
- Leverage data to inform and optimize content creation, social strategies, and sales opportunities
- Actively test and analyze social media initiatives to maximize performance and ensure the bottom-line success of social media activity
Outreach & Collaboration
- Assist in the development of strategic influencer campaigns to promote priority programs, brands and personalities
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Attend educational conferences
- Keep social team updated with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Facilitate the planning of special events and days for our priority programs, brands and personalities
- Work in multidisciplinary team with SEO specialists, Paid specialists, and Designers
- Collaborate with but not limited to Digital Marketing Manager, Social Specialists, Sales, and Fixed Operations teams
- Meet with social team on a regular basis to build the best content possible, suitable for audience segments and vehicle makes
Social Marketing Tools
- Use social media marketing tools
- Effectively use Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, and SEO best practices to react to trending stories, hashtags, memes, and cultural trends
Who You Are – Can you help us rock our social marketing?
- You enjoy analyzing social data and refine a social marketing strategy
- You enjoy using project collaboration tools to manage your tasks and work with team members
- You can successfully keep track of multiple tasks/projects and see them through to completion and manage team members to meet deadlines
- You can provide and receive constructive feedback
- You understand that the end goal is to speak to the intended audience
- You’re a team player and enjoy working with a team of goal-oriented individuals
- You’re not a dream killer, but a dream builder
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing large social audiences and driving social performance
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Digital Marketing or related field
- Previous experience utilizing Facebook Creative Hub is an asset
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics and SEO social best practices
- Experience in creating canvas social ad graphics is an asset
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media strategy and execution
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business)
- Experience in social media planning / social paid ads
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs and metrics
- Familiarity with photography, video, and digital graphics
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team with a positive attitude
How to Apply:
- Along with your resume, provide a link to your portfolio showcasing examples of your work
- Make sure to describe how you can bring a fresh take to our Digital Marketing team
- Please describe your ideal work relationship with your reporting manager and team members
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Please Note: This posting will remain open until the position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All resumes will be reviewed the week of July 1, 2019.