Are you a savvy social media marketer who is passionate about helping others? Are you inspired to communicate a meaningful, life-changing message?
Would you like to work with an inspirational and fun team in an employee-centric environment?
We are AlgaeCal, a revolutionary nutritional supplement company, located in Yaletown and are on a mission to change lives! Our product treats and prevents osteoporosis, a debilitating disease that causes bones to break. This disease is no joke. It causes more fractures than heart attacks, stroke, and breast cancer combined – and can be life-threatening.
Our goal is to eliminate osteoporosis in the western world by 2039, and we mean business! Our product is a clinically-proven solution to bone loss, and clinical trials prove we are actually reversing the disease in adults across the world!
Do you want to help us make a difference? This is your chance. We are seeking a truly exceptional Social Media Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
What you will do!
At AlgaeCal, there isn’t a rigid job description for our employees but below are a few of the tasks you can look forward to:
- Create, curate, and schedule content for platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Plan social media marketing campaigns from start to finish: including research, analysis, and creative
- Optimize our current social media strategy, grow social channels and manage performance metrics.
- Write engaging copy for posts that increase click-through rate and engagement.
- Develop relationships with social influencers to increase brand awareness
- Monitor comments and social threads and jump in when needed to point readers in the right direction
- Conduct social listening: gather testimonials, feedback, and identify content gaps to support the operations and marketing teams
Who are you!
On top of being a friendly, caring person, the Social Media Coordinator needs to have some important skills to excel in this position.
- Savvy social media skills. You can hop from the backend of Social Media Channels to the front end of a company page, upload a video with SRT file and schedule that post before the steam from your coffee disappears!
- Strong photography and editing skills
- Graphic design or experience using Adobe Creative Cloud a plus!
- A strong writer who can craft friendly and engaging copy.
- Organized (you can find every article you’ve written from the past two years in Google Docs) and detail-oriented (you’re a stickler for grammatical errors and proofreading is second-nature).
- Positive attitude and energy that fits with our company culture. We hire a certain type of teammate so you’ll find there are no “cases of the Mondays” here!
- Excellent communicator whether it’s in-person, on video calls, or through emails and Slack messages.
AlgaeCal Inc, an online nutritional supplement company, is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. One of the reasons for that growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-proven solution to bone loss (osteoporosis). Bone scans prove we are actually reversing the disease in adults across the world and we need help to spread the word. That’s where you come in!
We’re the real deal…
The first thing you’ll notice about AlgaeCal is our unique culture, hard-working but fun office environment, and positive family spirit. In fact, you may find pretty quickly that AlgaeCal is a place you’ll want to spend the rest of your career. After all, we want all our employees to become ‘lifers’… no joke!
Our company is built on the mantra that top performers can customize their own future with us. And we invest in the training you need to build your career.
If you’re looking to work alongside and learn from some of the top marketers in the field of digital marketing, then look no further. Our elite marketing team has helped AlgaeCal double revenue in the last 12 months. We’re the leader in our rapidly growing niche. And our company has been featured on the Dr. Oz show, PBS television, Fox News, and in several prominent books. So success comes with high expectations and a healthy amount of pressure.
What you will get!
Our people are our greatest asset. We ask a lot, but we also give a lot. Our two-year goal is to be a top-ranked employer in BC, and then Canada! As part of our team, you can expect:
- Fun and positive spirit in our Yaletown office full of A players like you
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- 100% BC Medical Services Plan coverage
- Family style team lunches on Fridays with tasty, home-cooked organic food
- Annual team trip to Los Cabos, Mexico. This is paid time off plus we treat you to the finest hotel, food and adventures possible. It is magical.
- Professional development opportunities at conferences – let us know what events you would like to attend!
How to Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicant. So, to make sure our future Social Media Marketing Coordinator is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
1) Write a Cover letter addressing:
- Why you’re the best Social Media Marketing Coordinator for this role? Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: http://screencast.com/t/w7BMMeqyVc
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2) Upload your cover letter and resume
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best – and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.