The Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and posting content on social channels and our blog to engage with customers and establish Trail Appliances as experts who can help customers to find appliances to best fit their space, budget and lifestyle, and to answer any inquiries or concern over our social channels. You will collaborate with internal marketing and our customer care team to ensure content is consistent with brand and messaging. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be a part of an energetic, creative, and collaborative marketing environment and work closely with other team members and areas of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop impactful, relevant content topics to reach and engage the company’s target customers on social media and blog
- Community management – monitor the social conversation for Trail Appliances across all platforms: responding, engaging, and assisting customer care inquiries
- Define quarterly content & social media goals based on key KPIs and report metrics
- Provide thought leadership by researching trends and developing initiatives to build community and increase engagement
- Identify and build relationships with key social influencers
- Develop influencer collaboration content ideas and write and curate content
- Ensure online icons, bios and banners are up to date with the most relevant campaign promotion and brand information.
- Report on in-house events.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Minimum 2 years creating and managing significant social communities.
- Experience managing brand accounts across all major social media platforms.
- Experience using social media management software for managing content scheduling, handling interactions in real-time and measuring performance.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills to create compelling copy that reflects company’s brand voice and encourages action.
- Proven ability to engage in fast-moving, public, real-time conversations.
- Social savvy and advanced understanding of the impact of social media.
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite to create graphics to enhance posts
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and follow-up skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once while respecting associated deadlines
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible working outside of business hours
Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted further.