As our Social Media Strategist, you are a leader when it comes to creative ideas and are obsessed with finding innovative ways of storytelling. You live and breathe social media, even have a big following of your own and you measure everything. You also have a canny ability to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy that will increase our web traffic and our brand awareness. We’re looking for a visionary in the digital space that can drive a strategy in order to bring our brand to life across all multiple social media channels. This role will be closely aligned with our event activities and providing support to members of the marketing organization planning and executing on our event strategy.
Reporting to the Director of Brand and Buzz, this role will work closely with all corners of the business from public relations, marketing, product, people and culture and beyond.
Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world’s most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company’s flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world’s biggest brands generate $60 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.
A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation and collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away.
What to expect working for Elastic Path’s Marketing team?
Being a part of the Elastic Path Marketing team you will immediately become part of the momentum and energy that drives great marketing. We collaborate, communicate and love to share our ideas. It’s a fun, dynamic, creative environment where everybody wears multiple hats. We each have input and can express our creativity in many different ways. We bring enthusiasm to all of our campaigns and communicate a boldness with our visual identity and branding.
What impact will you have?
- Lead the strategy, ideation and development of content across all of our social media channels
- Research trends, emerging markets and implement emerging technology and opportunities to innovate in the space
- Create and support an influencer program
- Set-up and monitor social platforms for digital commerce industry news, customers, and competitors
- Evaluate and manage external vendors for social media campaigns, tools and platforms for the business
- Create, implement and maintain a social media posting schedule
- Create, manage and publish original, high quality content on behalf of Elastic Path and Get Elastic blog across relevant social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube using Hootsuite
- Monitor, assess and report our social media results on a regular basis as they relate to Marketing goals and objectives
- Track the growth and impact of our social activities and monitor trends, best practices and techniques around social media
- Monitor emerging social media tools to see how they can be incorporated into Elastic Path’s marketing strategies
- Work closely with the marketing teams who manage our PR, Content and Design
- Support with miscellaneous projects as needed, including support for global events as required.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Diploma or degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Commerce or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Multi-channel digital marketing experience, social media management and strategy experience
- Hands on experience using Social Media for brand awareness
- Advanced knowledge and experience in channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube for business purposes
- Experience working with popular social media management tools such as HootSuite Core, GaggleAmp
- Experience reporting on analytics and delivering to KPI’s
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows, Office, Box and Slack required (Trello or Asana a bonus)
- Self-starting team member able to work with minimal supervision to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills in fast paced environment
- A high degree of independent thinking and judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for…
- Experience in e-commerce or digital marketing ecosystem
- Knowledge of International markets like Asia + EMEA and relevant channels
- Experience in crisis management and/or public relations
- Experience with event management
- Strong passion for learning new tools and developing best practices
- Analytical and outgoing personality with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise e-commerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.