Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records, and Tokay for backflow prevention. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
Working closely with other members of our Product Documentation team, you will produce documentation that assists customers in the proper configuration and use of Aquatic Informatics products.
- Liaise with product management and development teams to understand, document, and effectively communicate product features.
- Plan, write, edit, and maintain product documentation (e.g., API docs, technical references, installation and configuration guides, user guides, and release notes).
- Comply with the standards, best practices, and associated procedures, as well as maintain and continuously improve the effectiveness of the documentation systems.
- Assist with documentation requests and suggestions.
- Assist with documentation priorities and vision.
- Evaluate and fix documentation shortcomings and missing content.
- Become a product expert.
- Post-secondary degree in English, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role within a high growth software company.
- Demonstrated technical software experience and knowledge of the Agile software development process.
- Experience in producing user documentation including installation guides, configuration guides, and online help documentation.
- Nice to have experience with:
- MadCap Flare / HTML and CSS / Microsoft Office
- GitHub / JIRA / GSuite
- API documentation
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated writing skills and knowledge within the tech industry.
- Ability to gather information for a writing assignment from a variety of sources and quickly learn technical information.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong time management skills and ability to establish work priorities, balance varying demands, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with content publishing tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
- Strong team player and capable of working well with managers, developers, and others.
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current trends and best practices.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including MSP, Extended Health benefits, an RRSP program, and a fitness subsidy.