As a company that is growing rapidly, we’re always looking for talent and plan on adding several more dedicated application support individuals to our team within the next few months.
As a Technical Writer you will work closely with cross-functional teams including product managers, software developers, quality assurance engineers and support leaders to ensure delivery of high quality and effective documentation and training to our end users. We are seeking talented, motivated technical writers and trainers with a passion for producing end user documentation and training that supports our clients while using our products and services.
The role will be measured by delivering high quality internal and client facing documentation and training. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for writing and training. This position will provide the opportunity to build analytical as well as verbal and written communication skills while learning about D3’s enterprise software solutions. Candidates must have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Build technical and end user documentation using functional specifications, developer documentation and their own research as inputs.
- Ensures documentation is accurate, complete, and adheres to style guidelines to ensure high quality and usability.
- Builds short video tutorials
- Analyzes, structures and presents information based on audience needs.
- Works closely with the product development team (Product Managers, Developers, and QA Testers).
- Participates in the Agile software development process.
- Ensures compliance with legal, style, and other corporate standards.
- Plans the information design deliverables for assigned areas every release.
- Quickly learns and develops core product knowledge.
Meets project schedules and quality standards.
- User manuals and other related hard copy documentation
- In-product help systems and associated content
- Internal and external knowledge-based information
- Short video tutorials
- Training material
- Template design and layout improvements
- In-product information beyond help (e.g. error messages, wizard text, field labels)
- Knowledge of software documentation principles, tools, and processes.
- Demonstrated experience with standard documentation tools and technologies (e.g. Robohelp, Adobe FrameMaker, OxygenXML, MadCap Flare, MS Word, MS Visio, and Snagit).
- Experience in public speaking and video production
- Experience in instructional design and/or creating training materials or tutorials
- 2-5 years’ experience as a technical writer (preferably in the software industry)
- University degree in English, Computer Science, or related field.
- Technical Communications certificate is desirable.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand complex technical information.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills.