Technical Writer (Blockchain Scaling, Security, Distributed Systems)
The best new ideas in the world will only make an impact if they are communicated properly. And we have some amazing ideas that will be incredibly challenging to share effectively. We need you to use your skills to tell the world about an array of amazing innovations being cooked up in our labs.
We seek a deeply technical communicator that can work with our team to internalize cutting-edge concepts in decentralized computation and turn that into all manner of external communications. The possible gamut of outcomes will range from working with pioneering researchers on peer-reviewed publications, explainers for non-technical audiences, and formal technical specifications targeted towards engineers working on implementation and integration.
You’ll play a key role in growing our business with your insights, and will shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to a global audience. Every day, you’ll collaborate with a world-class team of innovators in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Convey novel and deep technical concepts to both general and technical audiences in a way that is clear, engaging, and persuasive
- Coordinate with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to communicate technical topics in a variety of forms ranging from tweets to formal research documents
- Define the brand and tone of our “engineering persona” to connect with a technical audience building an entire ecosystem of decentralized products with our technology at its heart
A little about you:
- You are capable of applying your skills across a variety of use cases; inflexible specialists need not apply.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you understand there are times when you just have to roll with the punches and reprioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You have practical engineering experience and have a significant background communicating and collaborating with technical executors.
- You are an enthusiastic writer and have track record of public output in a variety of settings; publications, competitions, journalism, blogging, and so on.
- You understand the importance of synthesizing complex technical topics for the audience, while maintaining the ability to expand details for credibility when necessary.
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, diverse opportunities for learning and development, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
– Competitive salary and expanded insurance: we offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, and your vision, medical, and extended health benefits start on Day 1.
– Commuter reimbursement: we cover public transport to work and back. If you bike, we set aside $1000/year for bike maintenance.
– Flexible time off and remote work policy: we have a high standard for impact but we insist on work-life harmony. Minimum of 15 days off every year, with no hard limit.
– Holistic initiatives and fitness: we have an in-house massage therapist and host yoga classes on site. We’ll reimburse for health-related benefits like gym memberships and personal training.
– Active professional development: we’ll cover travel and accommodations for speaking engagements, as well as conferences, classes, books, and other resources to expand your skill set and professional growth.