Location: Vancouver – Still Creek, British Columbia CA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are looking hire a seasoned Technical Writer with a strong focus in organizing content efficiently and contextually with an eye on ease of use and discovery for the customer. You will work with world-class technologists and product managers to impact the everyday lives of developers, producers and operations engineers building on the EA Digital Platform by making it easy for them to find what they are looking for quickly and get up and running with tech integration in no time.
As EA moves towards a player network strategy to make game play smarter, better, and more personalized, the infrastructure to support this transformation is increasingly challenging to manage due to complexity and scale. The focus of this role is to deliver products to game teams that make their development smooth and their customers happy. It will require both the ability to understand and address current customer pain points but to also come up with novel solutions to solve problems that they have yet to realize. The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create, manage, and monitor the entire suite of EA services and infrastructure from any mobile or web-enabled device, anywhere in the world. Our product is the face of EADP, allowing game developers to visually interact with their apps, services and infrastructure. If you want the opportunity to work as an Information Architect/Technical Writer crafting best in class documentation that aids building and operating scalable services & tools then this is the team for you! You will work closely with engineers and product managers to produce and publish Overviews, How-To docs, Integration guides and a repository of FAQs. The job involves providing tool and editorial support to engineers, handling specification reviews, and improving the documentation quality through technical writing best practices. You will be expected to bring to bear experience and good judgment to continuously drive documentation and process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems.
- Computer related technical writing experience
- Experience writing for software and hardware products
- Documentation for REST and gRPC APIs, as well as Software Development platforms and SDKs
- Proven ability to design effective organization of content
- Proven ability to generate documentation that is clear, concise, consistent, and accurate.
- High energy self-starter and quick learner.
- Attention to detail, with strong social and organizational skills.
- Experience using WordPress, Adobe Projects, Drupal, XML tools or others to organize and create documentation
- Programming/scripting experience is a plus.
- Strong communicator, influencer and collaborator