Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, or unleash your creativity on original IP. Skybox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite, work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, Skybox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Skybox Labs is looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to support our team with user interface and experience for an 8-month fixed term on Minecraft. This UI/UX designer will have a pivotal role on the project, and make worthy contributions to the released game. We are looking for a visionary who is passionate about quality, collaboration, and games!
- Utilize both problem solving and communication skills to analyze direction, scope, plan, and implement UI/UX design into the game
- Design screens and user flows for games within the Minecraft universe through the use of wireframes and mockups
- Communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders to present ideas and collaborate on decision making
- Use your high proficiency in prototyping tools to bring assets to a high-quality finish
- Experience as a UI/UX designer on at least one released video game in a console production environment
- Experience designing wireframes, mockups and user flows
- Software skills such as Photoshop to convey ideas effectively
- Experience applying research and analysis to design and strategy, to drive and support your ideas all the way through to a successful launch
- Strong ability to manage feedback and iterate on design
- A self-starter attitude with a strong passion for advocating for users
- Strong communication skills; experience collaborating with various stakeholders
Nice to have
- Experience and a passion for playing Minecraft
Please include a portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups – you can even start your own!
Skybox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.