DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Demand-Response Transit solutions, with our most significant market share in North America and our EMEA operations experiencing rapid growth.
Looking ahead, we believe that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Demand-Response Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the industry in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation. We are looking for a UX Designer to join the global product group and help shape the future of DDS’s market-focused product offerings.
About The Role
We are looking for an energetic, inquisitive individual who is passionate about applying design principles towards making products more effective and engaging to professionals in a wide variety of functions. The UX Designer drives the user experience for the company’s enterprise SaaS solutions and mobile platforms, owning the user experience throughout the entire product lifecycle. Importantly, the designer advocates for the user and evangelizes user-centred processes within the company.
Key responsibilities of the role include the following
- Create concepts & flows — including conducting brainstorming activities and discovery workshops, and creating design documentation to include personas, empathy maps, journey maps and flowcharts
- Design the UI — using wireframes, mock-ups and interactive prototypes to communicate information architecture, interaction and visual design ideas
- Deliver designs — including pixel-perfect renderings, UI specifications and production-ready graphic assets
- Own the DDS design DNA – refine the organization’s UX design language & guidelines
About the Position
The UX Designer is a key member of the product team, with a mandate to propagate consistent design interfaces and user interactions across all products.
In this position, they will be performing the following
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to conceptualize, design, specify, and prototype digital products
- Work collaboratively with Engineers to ensure the UX strategies are understood and implemented with precision
- Validate & improve designs during design phase and after product launch, including measuring UX metrics and proposing adjustments as needed
- Quality control over the UX during product development
- Adeptly handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-machine interface (HMI), or a related field such as Industrial Design or Computer Science
- At least four years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role
- Minimum of two years of experience using wire framing and prototyping tools for presenting your ideas
- At least two years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Axure and Figma
Digital Dispatch Systems offers a team based work environment and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
Apply Now! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume together with a cover letter to [email protected] with “UX Designer – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.