We’re hiring for a new UX Designer to join us!
PayByPhone is looking for a UX Designer to join our newly established Product Innovation & Research team. This is a chance to be part of a pioneering team – in many senses of the word! The UX Designer should have excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills with an acute attention to detail and a strong understanding of what it takes to validate products by researching, concepting and testing user experiences across a variety of platforms.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Conceive and create products that address user needs and business objectives
- Create IA diagrams, wireframes, process flows, interaction specs, and other UX artifacts
- Work closely with UX/UI Designers to create compelling user experiences
- Plan, scope, conduct, analyze, and communicate user research
- Strive to learn and master the needs and motivations of our customer base, in all geographies, in order to inform continuous innovation
- Communicate and present design work to team members and executives
- Embrace a continuous personal development mentality, always seeking to learn and improve in line with current role and future development path
- Support a strong product culture, and evangelise design thinking practices
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
A dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development, and you have a strong understanding of design thinking principles.
Able to navigate competing business priorities, while maintaining a strong grasp of the product, the market, and the global customer group.
A strong, proactive communicator. Your focus includes informing the team and direct stakeholders on progress, risks, and outcomes.
- 3+ years in the field of User Experience, ideally in an agency environment
- 5+ years working in the technology sector, with an understanding of Agile Methodologies and Scrum frameworks.
- Qualifications in business or statistical analysis are desirable
- Demonstrated ability to create digital products using Lean UX principles
- Experience with quantitative research methods and metrics with the ability to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Experience in performing well in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Proficiency in basic descriptive statistics
- Excellent communication skills.
Success in this role looks like:
- Building an exemplary level of trust and capabilities around design thinking principles in the innovation team. This should lead to meaningful Proof of Concepts that drive new products and services at PayByPhone.
Do you think differently? Are you known for identifying and testing the boundaries of bleeding-edge technologies? We want to hear about what you’ve been creating!
Please apply with your resume, portfolio and a cover letter, to help us understand why this role is the right one for you.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 90 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.