User Experience (UX) Designer III, IV – Digital Assistants
The Experience Design team is looking for a UX designer to craft the experience of talking to digital assistants like Google Assistant or Alexa or Siri about Best Buy products and services. This is a unique UX role that doesn’t work with graphical user interfaces but instead defines the voice interface and the language used to both receive commands and to share information with users on smart devices.
Experience Design at Best Buy Canada drives the vision of the entire customer journey. We are a large and growing team of diverse specialists in UX, UI, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and Copywriting. The Experience Design department operates under the Director of Experience Design and enjoys strong executive support. Best Buy Canada’s eCommerce group is truly Agile at scale, with a flat organizational structure and designers working with distinct streams, united within communities of practice.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
- Defining the UX strategy, vision, and customer journey for key parts of the web customer experience
- Contributing to the product road map in conjunction with the Product Owner with ideas for evolving and iterating the UX of the site based on user research and analytics
- Communicating design rationale to help educate and provide feedback to cross-functional teams on the value of user-centred design
- Working collaboratively with business leads, product owners, developers, and UI designers to build scalable solutions that improve the user experience
- Crafting deliverables such as process flows, wire frames, design specifications and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviours
- Navigating a dynamic Agile environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Collaborating with team leads and cross-functional teams to strategize test plans that validate design hypotheses
- Consulting with stakeholders early and often to ensure alignment and synergy on the progress of different initiatives
WHAT YOU’VE DONE…
- 7+ years of extensive experience in an individual contributor role on a product or web design team
- Advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Extensive experience working closely with product managers to define the strategy and rationale for features
- Ability to quickly identify both user goals and business goals from stakeholders and to translate those goals into detailed requirements
- Familiarity with working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability
- Natural curiosity to explore fresh ideas, to capture assumptions into clear hypotheses, and to validate those hypotheses through various evaluation methods
- Ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm
WHAT’S WAITING FOR YOU AT THE HEAD OFFICE…
Our goal is work-life harmony for everyone who works here. Don’t feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can’t find the time to work out as much as you’d like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more.
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
THERE’S MORE TOO…
- Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
- Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
- Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
- Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break
- Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area
- On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service
- Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other similar events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.