DDS Wireless International Inc is a global provider of advanced wireless mobile data systems. We specialize in the design, development and deployment of fleet management systems for real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking and computerized routing and scheduling in multiple vertical markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a major individual contributor of coding on the team, who is comfortable working independently.
- Design and develop software features based on visual mockups or user stories.
- Monitor innovative apps that can be leveraged internally for performance or user experience improvements.
- Extend testing capabilities by writing unit tests, creating integration tests and assisting in QA testing during development.
- Ensure reliability by always taking into consideration performance and different network connection scenarios.
- Prototype user experience concepts prior to new feature implementation.
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation for good design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- 3 years: Ember2/3 UX development experience
- 3 years: Software Development tools based on Atlassian Jira and Agile methods
- 2 years: Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- 2 years: Experience in building and leading engineering teams.
- Experience in building and managing product backlogs.
- An understanding of the need for encapsulated UI code.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and GitHub.
- Disciplined approach to writing and quality assurance.
- Understanding of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter referencing “UX Software Development – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.