Wiivv is transforming footwear and apparel for every human body so that you can move and live your best. We are a technology company that empowers people and brands with the feel and comfort of custom fit. We developed and operate a complete value chain from your phone, through our software platform, to hybrid manufacturing and delivery. We offer Wiivv custom fit products directly to consumers and Wiivv Fit Technology to major brands.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer who is ready to develop and grow their skills in the areas of product UX/UI design, communication designs, and market research for our product. In this role, you will work closely with the design, software, physical product, and marketing teams. As a key team member of the product design team, you will be leading new features designs starting from the requirements gathering stage, all the way to the development stage. We’ll have you continually think creatively about design concepts for our leading-edge product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at Wiivv. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We’ll think you’re awesome because you…
- Have 3-5 years of experience in digital product design (ideally in an agency or consulting environment).
- Demonstrate a good understanding of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design tools (Photoshop or Sketch). Nice to have interaction design skills (think After Effects, Principle or Framer.js).
- Ability to apply design processes from beginning to end based on industry best practices to ensure world-class design experiences.
- A portfolio of live projects that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- Ability to understand stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows and translate them into simple UIs.
- Have an up to date understanding of desktop and mobile best practices, developments, and trends in web, mobile, iOS design, and physical designs.
- Are a great communicator, with the ability to deliver compelling design rationales in both client and internal contexts.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and briefs that lead to more questions than answers.
- Are open to feedback, and use the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
- Value teamwork: demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Are always eager to experiment and never stop learning.
- Remain calm under pressure.
Perks and Benefits…
- Work alongside a tight-knit, high-caliber, dedicated team of professionals working on changing the game and partnering with exciting brands while shipping world-class products
- Team hack-a-thons, social and team building events, game nights, and Friday happy hour
- High levels of technical and creative freedom with autonomy and responsibility
- Extended health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Wellness allowance, dog-friendly office with healthy snacks on site
- Product sample, transportation, and professional development allowances
- Cool Yaletown office location – transit and cycle friendly