UX Writer III – Product Experiences
The Experience Design team is looking for a UX Writer to join our Stay product family which part of our Technology group. This product family explores way to build loyalty with Best Buy customers through Account, emails and other touchpoints.
Experience Design at Best Buy Canada drives the vision of the entire customer journey. We are a large and growing team of diverse specialists in UX, UI, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and Copywriting. The Experience Design department operates under the Director of Experience Design and enjoys strong executive support. Best Buy Canada’s eCommerce group is truly Agile at scale, with a flat organizational structure and designers working with distinct streams, united within communities of practice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing content for our product teams including interface language, navigational nomenclature, microcopy, and transactional emails
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team of UX designers, UI Designers, developers, and product owners
- Shaping the customer experience by crafting helpful, meaningful text
- Ensuring content is consistent throughout user journeys
- Contribute to and help maintain our interface content standards and guidelines
- Communicating design rationale for your copy decisions
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX copywriter, preferably with experience working in product teams
- Expertise in writing copy that’s clear and concise
- A strong understanding of user centered design principles and how copy fits into the customer journey
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Time management skills that allow you to juggle multiple projects and tricky timelines
- Experience writing copy for a range of digital platforms
- A strong understanding of grammar, style, and syntax
- Familiarity with working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience working closely with business to define the strategy and rationale for features
- Highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability
- Ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm
What’s waiting for you at head office:
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don’t feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can’t find the time to work out as much as you’d like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more.
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There’s more, too:
- Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
- Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
- Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
- Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break
- Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area
- On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service
- Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other similar events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply.