CounterPath is more than softphones. We’re more than a growing tech company. We pride ourselves in being world-class engineers, marketers, designers, builders, mentors and industry disruptors.
We believe that technology will truly revolutionize how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations with powerful communication tools that are secure, yet flexible for elastic business needs and a growing mobile workforce.
We believe our people are key to success and we have an immediate need for a VP of Marketing.
About the Job
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for driving revenue opportunities through digital marketing programs for CounterPath across all go-to-market (GTM) channels. The Vice President of Marketing will develop the overall strategic marketing direction as it relates to the Corporate Objectives. This role is a roll up your sleeves, hands-on type position involving active day-to-day management of a team of direct reports. The ideal candidate is a “builder” that reports to the Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Product while working collaboratively with the Sales, Support, Product, Finance and Engineering teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Marketing team to set goals, budget, and business requirements for annual marketing plan development focused on driving revenue.
- Work closely with the SVP of Sales, to develop marketing initiatives to help drive lead development
- Develop content to support corporate, product and all GTM initiatives.
- Develop online market strategies and tactics focused on our eStore and driving SaaS revenue.
- Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term; determine which methods work for the brand and why; continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns for all go-to-market channels.
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness; gather data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results; work with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Develop a functional content calendar for each enterprise vertical and the applicable persona groups.
- Lead the overall planning and competitive marketing strategy for our Bria and Stretto product lines to meet revenue and profit goals.
- Lead the team in integrating the content and marketing strategies to develop a marketing automation strategy and action plan and oversee the implementation and optimization of the action plan.
- Lead and manage ongoing market intelligence activities and develop deep customer insights and “job-to-be-done” to support new opportunity identification and business case development of new opportunities.
- Analyze and evaluate market performance and product positioning.
- Collaborate as a member of the leadership team to determine timeline of product launch and sunset.
- Develop course correction proposals, as needed, based on metrics and other qualitative and qualitative data.
- Responsible for indirect leadership of cross-functional teams to unite the company on various marketing strategies and plans.
- Create go-to-market strategies for all new solutions across products.
- Direct strategic options and responses before, during, and after key marketing campaigns; work closely with Sales leads to ensure correct strategy and execution.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a focus in Marketing or equivalent.
- Minimum 10+ years in marketing; traditional, digital (content), social, lead generation, marketing automation, marketing content, marketing communication, marketing collateral, branding and public relations.
- Must be 100% data driven and able to leverage into break-through opinions that drive the organization to the best solution/situation.
- Proven track record of implementing and/or managing SEO/SEM, content marketing, marketing automation and strategic marketing.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a team; Demonstrated strong leadership and people management skills.
- Knowledge of HubSpot is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active, and a strategic thinker, with the ability to develop and implement plans.
- Knowledge of how to build, maintain and leverage online metrics, email metrics and other digital marketing best practices to significantly impact the marketing plan and results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working for an enterprise software product company or enterprise SaaS firm. Experience moving a company from perpetual licensing to SaaS licensing would be an asset.
- Familiarity with telecom, collaboration and messaging technologies would be an asset.
- Familiar with Sugar CRM for marketing campaigns would be an asset
- All the usual stuff: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) great communication skills, both written and verbal, supreme organizational skills, problem-solving skills, a top-notch attitude, and great interpersonal skills
- Friday Socials
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks
- Registered Massage Therapist that comes to the office
- Available games tables and media entertainment
- RRSP Matching Program
- Hero and Values Recognition Program
- Hiring Incentive Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Company sponsored events (including but not limited to BBQs, Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, Sun Run Team)
CounterPath Unified Communications solutions are changing the face of telecommunications. An industry and user favorite, Bria softphones for desktop, tablet and mobile devices, together with Stretto Platform™ server solutions, enable operators, OEMs and enterprises large and small around the globe to offer a seamless and unified over-the-top (OTT) communications experience across both fixed and mobile networks. Standards-based, cost-effective and reliable, CounterPath’s award-winning solutions power the voice and video calling, messaging, and presence offerings of customers.