ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As an international law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, paralegals/law clerks, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Web and Digital Coordinator.
Reporting to the Web and Digital Manager, the successful candidate will be highly detail-oriented, passionate about digital marketing and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Working alongside a talented and dynamic team, the Web and Digital Coordinator will provide day-to-day support to the firm’s digital marketing activities across
Canada and internationally, including newsletter and event mailings, website content creation and updates, and other digital marketing projects as required.
This position can be based in any of the following Gowling WLG’s Canadian office locations: Hamilton, Montréal, Ottawa or Vancouver.
- Oversee the firm’s email marketing campaigns across Canada and internationally, including newsletters, announcements and event invitations — from intake and formatting to distribution and analysis
- Ensure that email marketing campaigns are optimized according to digital marketing best practices, and meet the highest standards of quality and execution
- Generate regular reports on how each email marketing campaign is performing and share with campaign stakeholders, along with their own analysis, insights and recommendations
- Monitor and manage the digital marketing mailbox, prioritizing and responding to requests in a timely manner
- Provide support to other areas of digital marketing, including website and social media updates, content marketing initiatives such as blogs and podcasts, and other projects as required
- Provide recommendations on search engine optimization practices to content producers
- Stay current on digital marketing best practices, platforms and tools, and be an advocate for them within the firm, particularly in the email marketing space
- Post-secondary degree; completion of a digital marketing program or course is a strong asset
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a marketing role
- Strong knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite; basic knowledge of Dreamweaver
- Experience with email marketing platforms and content management systems; experience with CRM software is an asset
- Understanding of digital marketing terminology and measurement
- Advanced software skills in a PC environment, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, with the ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Solutions-focused approach to obstacles and challenges
- Desire to exceed expectations and contribute to the overall success of the team
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.