|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job
- Develops and writes copy for print and radio advertising material, websites, newsletters, brochures and other print pieces, and other communications/advertising materials produced for the FortisBC group of companies.
- Assesses topic and audience for preparation of presentation.
- Liaises with Communications Coordinator, Communication Manager(s) and clients in other departments to assess writing and research needs.
- Determines what research if any, is necessary to achieve the final written product.
- Researches and verifies information for topics and issues, using credible sources such as other corporations, personal interviews, Statistics Canada, industry associations and others.
- Applies critical and strategic thought to the development of materials and independently determines appropriate messages for assignments.
- Works with the Designer to create concepts that address and contribute to achieving advertising and marketing objectives.
- Writes in a clear, concise style (FortisBC voice) suitable for marketing materials or public information materials.
- Edits and rewrites copy in accordance with client changes, corporate style and standards and space limitations.
- Contributes to
- a research and sources database for marketing communications and
- a central reference source for FortisBC’s writing style.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Diploma in English, Communications, Journalism, Professional Writing or equivalent education.
- Two years directly relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to generate original concepts and ideas, given strategic direction.
- Portfolio which demonstrates talent and ability
- in a wide range of written materials which include: print ads, brochures, radio ads, newletters, and websites; and
- to write for different audiences and meet different objectives (e.g. formal corporate writing in annual report vs. short, motivating copy in promotional ad)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly under frequent pressure against tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction from several individuals, and adapt to a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy including Microsoft Word. Possesses fast and accurate keyboard skills.